Found via ysabetwordsmith
I've removed a few repeated and facetious ones........
Things I've done
Things I've done competently
Things I could still do competently without practice
Things I still do regularly
* Adjusting rabbit ears on top of a TV
* Adjusting a television's horizontal and vertical holds
* Adjusting a television's color and hue adjustments
* Adjusting the tracking on a VCR
* Autoexec.bat editing
* Booting off a floppy disk
* Calculating a square root using pencil and paper
* Carving a nib into a quill or pen?
* Cash Register used manually entering the prices
* Cleaning the balls inside a computer mouse for better traction
* Compressing a HDD to make vital space
* Config.sys editing
* Cranking up or down a car-window
* Operate a credit card imprinter (click-clack)
* Cursive handwriting (my parents, who were also my primary school teachers, would dispute this)
* Darkroom photography skills
* Degaussing a CRT monitor
* Developing photographic film
* Drafting with pencils and T-square?
* Focusing a camera
* Formatting a floppy
* FORTRAN programming - though the logic is still good
* FTP from a command line
* Getting off the couch to change channels on your TV set
* Hand crank a car to start it (It was a tractor. I imagine the principle is much the same)
* Hand lettering large signs
* Lighting a kerosene lamp
* Loading data from a cassette tape
* Loading film into a 35 mm camera
* Long division
* Map Reading
* Memorizing Multiplication Tables (They were memorised long ago. Can't say I enjoyed the process, but I do use them regularly)
* Mounting a Computer Tape by hand?
* Navigating using a compass
* Operating an Overhead Projector
* Parking a hardisk
* Percolating coffee
* Playing marbles?
* Popping corn in a pot with oil (Not oil. Butter.)
* Preparing a goose quill for writing with an inkwell?
* Programming a VCR to record a show?
* Programming an analogue car radio
* Putting a needle on a vinyl record
* Raising an antenna?
* Reading a dictionary or encyclopedia
* Reading a paper map
* Reading a Sundial?
* Reading a Vernier Scale
* Reading Moon Tables or Tide Tables
* Reckoning arithmetic without aid?
* Searching a card catalog
* Sending a letter
* Setting up a modem using AT commands?
* Setting the correct time on a VCR
* Sharpening a mechanical pencil with fine-grit sandpaper
* Sharpening a pencil
* Spelling (Typos don't count, damnit)
* Sword fighting?
* Thinking for oneself
* Tweaking your AUTOEXEC<dot>BAT and CONFIG<dot>SYS files?
* Untangling the cord of a telephone?
* Using a bit and brace?
* Using a bottle opener?
* Using an abacus
* Using correction fluid
* Using a compass
* Using a filmstrip projector
* Using a flash cube?
* Using a fountain pen
* Using a Logarithm Table?
* Using a slide rule (Only as an historical curiosity. Never in anger, as it were )
* Using a DOS window on a computer
* Walking long distances
* Watching a slide show with a slide projector