Villiers (dianavilliers) wrote,
Villiers
dianavilliers

Coat




I am a crap model, but a passable seamstress. The next one will have a longer hem, shorter sleeves and the pockets will be moved up a bit. Total cost for materials ~ $40 - the corduroy was very cheap - 6m at $4/m, the lining likewise 5m at $1/m, the buttons were $11. I didn't need the whole 6m - more like 5.2 - but I didn't want to run short. I also didn't stick four purely decorative buttons on each of the sleeves as specified in the pattern, as that would have made the buttons more expensive than the rest of the coat put together, which seemed somewhat ridiculous, especially for something intended as a trial run. Also, back vents are easy to screw up.
Tags: objects
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments